Friday, January 2, 2009

-i'm in transit, from msp to atl to nyc-

12.september.2008
i suppose i'm a bit tired;
i didn't work very hard yesterday
yet it feels like whatever
recent residual exhaustion is
sitting in my lap
in this uncomfortably
cramped airplane seat.
my focus turned in ward...
i sat
with my hands palms facing up.
eyes-
looking and not judging
the space where my 3rd eye centers.
lost in the space
and time of existence.
my head grows heavy
and sways
to my left
then
to my right,
i seem to wake
and feel my hands;
left palm pressing against the
back of the right
and i come back to focus,

i feel a bit euphoric
exhausted
and
enlightened.

some things seem so simple
and others camouflage in
complicated costumes
masquerading around to prey
and manipulate
situations, emotions, reactions.
to stir
to excite
and upset,
and all exist
for none to dismiss,
because they all pass.
albeit time often seems relative,
it too passes
and does so without
regard to the simple things
or complicated.
even in space
time does not cease-
i contemplate as we glide
30,000 feet above the trees.

surprisingly
today, my meditations mid-flight
mirror the passing images
-and sense of grounded physicality-
that i find in child's pose.
passing breaths,
passing thoughts,
the sweet feeling of circulation
of blood from
head to toe.
stopping at my hips
to alleviate
the weight
and stress
and wait-
desire.
i focus less on relinquishing
my desire
which interrupts the passing nature of things.
and i stop to
"think"
or dwell
or sink
on an image that existed,
a feeling that persisted,
parked at the forefront
of my brain;

i smile because i can recognize,
respect and reflect,
on how these things, that-
are not me
but simply experiences
and existence in the here,
time,
and now,
space.

No comments:

Post a Comment