Friday, January 2, 2009

asana 31.july.2008

letting go
taking it all in
and
letting it go
the pain
the joy
the embarrassment
the confidence
the connection
the disconnect------------------------------today Ella
breath---------------------------------------taught class
trust
healing
and change----------------------------------and i got
-----------------------------------------------distracted,
-----------------------------------------------and i was
-----------------------------------------------focused,
-----------------------------------------------i maintained my
-----------------------------------------------presence without
-----------------------------------------------judgment
i saw
-witnessed-
the rhythm of my steady breath in Ella's voice,
her soft cadence
lifted my body through dancing warrior
my grounded legs stood wide, firm & low
but my heart lifted high.
my arm reaching as though it had no
limit or weight
extended with earnest energy.
i found my true height in TREE
the grounded
trunk
held firmly
by solid roots
(my toes reach through the mat
like sand on a disappearing beach,
i wiggle my toes
and picture, suddenly:
-----------------------------------------------the white dunes
-----------------------------------------------in New Mexico,
-----------------------------------------------the hot reflecting
-----------------------------------------------sun off the bleached
-----------------------------------------------white salty sands
-----------------------------------------------and little tracks
-----------------------------------------------from road runners
-----------------------------------------------reminders of creatures
-----------------------------------------------and energy all aligned
-----------------------------------------------in a symbiotic space)
i create.
large extensive branches
reaching
swaying
displaying, so proudly
as i grow.
to dancer's
a pose through which
i believe- i am expressed
thoroughly.
my confident gaze
coming not just from
my eyes
but my whole being.
focused on a point,
balanced at a point;
where my extension in every direction
is equidistant
solid
and
strong.
and organically
as i let every posture pass,
as each breath passes,
i see existence
and energy
and i die, i become a corpse.
death passes
through
me
my shoulders splayed widely,
they sink heavy into the ground
and my light
shines inward
i use my 3rd eye
to examine
the obstacles i've overcome in the
most recently passed preset state.

in warrior----------------------------------i fought
----------------------------------------------my desire
----------------------------------------------for attention
and just shone
with a light all my own.

in tree ------------------------------------- i embraced
----------------------------------------------my independence
and rejoiced
for my freedom.

in dancer's -------------------------------- i overcame
----------------------------------------------the rejection
----------------------------------------------i battle and
----------------------------------------------began to open
my heart
so that love was projected.

and then settled,
embraced these things to relinquish-
and died.
change;
a metamorphosis
in rebirth
in meditation
through postures,
respect,
patience,
and breath.
i can change.
i can change.
i am changed.
and forever changing...

the gingko trees that line Emerson
on my way home
happily tickle the sky with their
spoon shaped leaves.
oak leaves scoop upward to drink
in the rains from the morning
and delight in the sun's rays.
i have been a tree today,
i admire them all
and
know what is is to be a tree.
thanks to nature for
existence
the divine in everything
the divine in me
that as it exists
i let go to make the experiences complete.
:namaste:

No comments:

Post a Comment